Saturday, April 2, 2011

Counting Coup 2011



Perfect weather for my first Counting Coup race. We left the house at 4:30am and drove out to the start at Blackstar. Got to Blackstar and was amazed at how many people were there. I guess I shouldn’t have been too surprised with 175 Counting Coup riders and 175 Vision Quest riders.

Started off strong and made it to Beeks in 48 minutes and was feeling good. Once I got on Main Divide my chain was bouncing around between gears. Tried messing with the cable adjuster and couldn’t get it to stop. I was trying to be careful not to pedal too hard on the uphills, but much to my dismay my chain snapped a little before the Motorway singletrack and just before Eagle. Lost a little over 10 minutes fixing it. Then took a sweet OTB on Motorway. Court was there to meet me at the bottom of Motorway and I was able to quickly find her change out a few items and I was off for the main climb up to the Peak.

Ended up with a total time of 5:06 and 16th place overall out of 155 total riders. Thanks to the Warriors Society for a great event.
Sunrise at the top of Blackstar Canyon
The Main Divide


2011 Vision Quest Mountain Bike Race from A J on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment