Friday, May 18, 2012

Crank Brothers Cobalt 11

Came across a review of the Crank Brothers Cobalt 11 cockpit by switchbackmb.com and thought I would share. I'm currently running the Crank Brothers Cobalt 11 bar on my Moots MXYBB. I'm using the low rise version with the 6 degree backsweep and 680mm width. I've logged about 1,500 miles with the bar and so far it's been great. The switchback review indicates the bar might not be stiff enough for hard core 29ers..."While stiff enough for the typical racer, a 29er rider with a penchant for hitting the technical stuff hard and fast may not find them stiff enough.'' Although I haven't had any issues with the bar noticeably flexing too much, it does seem to be a little less stiff than my previous Easton MonkeyLite carbon bar. I chose to mount my bar to the Moots Open Trail Stem instead of the Cobalt 11 stem. Here are some close-up pics of the bar and the cockpit of my MXYBB.



No comments:

Post a Comment